When you’ve come to the conclusion that it’s time for a new Acura, you’re well on your way. One of the hurdles that still remains for many buyers is parked in your driveway. It’s your old car. What do you do with it? Do you trade in or sell your car to make room for your new Acura? The decision is obviously up to you whether you want to trade in or sell. There are benefits to both, but one definitely makes your life so much easier.
If You Sell Your Car…
- You’ll have to do a bit of work to get the most out of it. You’ll need to get your car inspected and repaired so that it meets safety standards in your county. That can be a costly venture, especially if you know there are issues that need attention. Do you have the money on hand to take care of the problems on your own?
- You should get your car detailed. A filthy car shows that you haven’t taken care of it in the past. Buyers who check out your car may be turned off altogether, or they may haggle you down on the price.
- It’s going to take a bit of time. Creating a good listing online or in print takes effort. You’ll need to gather specific information and details about your car, then you’ll need to meet with potential buyers. There’s the hassle of negotiating, and the insecurity of taking their payment.
If You Trade in Your Car…
- It’s a done deal. There’s no need to get it inspected or safetied. The dealership takes care of repairs when it’s being reconditioned to be resold.
- You can bring it in dirty. Sure, you need to take all your personal items out of your trade-in, but the dealership will perform a complete detailing on it themselves anyway. It’s a load off your hands!
- It’s way faster! When you trade in your car, the dealership does all the legwork for you. Once you’ve agreed to a trade-in assessment, the paperwork is all done by your sales rep. Any liens are paid out and the remaining value can go directly to your new Acura.