It’s Friday night, and you want to let your hair down after a long work week. Now you’re looking for things to do in Springfield. There’s no shortage of leisure activities, historical sights to see, and places to go, that’s for sure. The challenge is deciding which of your options is the best choice for tonight. Here are five things to do in Springfield on a Friday night:
- First Friday Art Walk. Hop in your Acura TLX and head into Downtown Springfield for a little arts and culture. Park on Campbell Ave to be centrally located in the Art Walk area. Visit the FFAW website before you head out or pull it up on your smartphone to keep track of all the participating locations. You’ll see top-quality artwork from local and emerging artists at each location.
- Battle of Springfield Tour. Drive your Acura ILX west of Missouri State University to the location of the 1863 Battle of Springfield. There are 12 monuments constructed within walking distance that tell the story of the historic battle where Union forces defended the territory from Confederate access.
- Clue Pursuit. The new craze in entertainment is now escape games. Clue Pursuit puts you and your teammates against the clock, encouraging you to work together to solve your way out of your escape room within ninety minutes. It’s an excellent challenge before hitting the pub to debrief.
- Bear Creek Wine Company. Pop in early Friday afternoon for a wine tasting at Bear Creek Wine Company. You’ll find great Missouri varietals here with flavors ranging from dry to sweet. Make it an overnight stay in one of their quaint cabins and sit on the deck with some light fare, taking in the mountain view.
- Acacia Spa. Book early for a pampering at Acacia Spa in Springfield. Take in a relaxing massage or a mani-pedi to work out the work week stress. They even perform skin treatments of all kinds including Botox and laser treatments.