You may have heard already, but the all-new 2017 Acura NSX has hit the streets. The iconic halo car from Acura is an absolute marvel of modern machinery, achieving supercar status before it even hit production. Here’s just a bit about the 2016 Acura NSX:
- Its 3.5-liter twin-turbo V-6 electric hybrid powertrain produces a staggering 573 horsepower.
- The 2017 Acura NSX rockets from zero to sixty miles per hour in 3.1 seconds.
- Its top speed is 191 miles per hour.
- The nine-speed automatic dual-clutch gearbox has crisp, accurate shifts.
- The NSX has all-wheel drive to stick all that power to the pavement.
- An ultra-rigid space frame provides the skeleton of the Acura NSX.
Wow, that’s impressive. The 2017 Acura NSX has all the makings of an Italian supercar without the exorbitant price tag. But if you’re in the market for a family vehicle or something a little less race-focused than the NSX, you can still own a piece of it. How, you ask?
Acura NSX Technology is Incorporated Into Every Acura
Whether you pick the economical Acura ILX, the luxurious RLX, or the spacious MDX, you’re getting a piece of the Acura icon. Bits of its technology filter down into every Acura that is manufactured. Here are a few examples:
- The Acura ILX – the entry-level Acura model – has dual-clutch transmission technology, just like the Acura NSX.
- The Acura TLX has available Super Handling-All Wheel Drive (SH-AWD) for the ultimate in traction. Its AWD system is similar to the one used in the NSX.
- The Acura RLX has an available sport-hybrid powertrain like the one used in the 2017 Acura NSX, although the power is 377 hp instead of 573 hp). It’s quite respectable, even for a luxury sports sedan.
- The Acura RDX has Jewel Eye headlights, strikingly similar to the headlights on the Acura NSX for exceptional visibility.
- The Acura MDX has the AcuraWatch suite of driver safety and security features, including Adaptive Cruise Control, Road Departure Mitigation, Lane Keeping Assist, and more.
Every Acura model is built with the same focus on safety, performance, and style just like the 2017 NSX. Own your very own Acura, available now at Jay Wolfe Acura of Springfield.